The Domínico-Americano School believes that each student:
- Is a unique individual, capable of developing cognitive, psychological, affective, social, moral, cultural and ethical dimensions according to his interests and potential;
- Can develop his/her own opinion and personal characteristics, which can be appreciated in a nurtured atmosphere.
- Receives support from his peers, parents, teachers, and the community.
- Has his/her own learning styles, abilities, cultures, and linguistic diversity, which should be taken into account and be promoted for the benefit of the individual and of the group.
- Constructs humanistic values and academic knowledge in all the areas of the humanities, arts, science, technology, and develops social and moral relations for his/her own benefit and that of society.
- Has the right to a harmonious, complete education, based on a USA-type school curriculum, that allows the transfer to and from accredited American or Dominican institution, and acceptance at American or Dominican universities.
- Has the right and the obligation of using all the above to meet the moral and scientific challenges of the future.
- To provide a USA based curricular program which allows the acceptance and/or transfer to any USA accredited institution;
- To promote the student’s integral development, physical and, intellectually, as well as in affective, social, ethical, and esthetic dimensions, in order to ensure him/her success in his/her future professional commitments;
- To provide those students who plan to continue their studies at a local university the necessary competencies in Spanish;
- To instill in the students the knowledge and appreciation of the different cultures of international co-existence;
- To create an affective learning atmosphere, marked by mutual respect, discipline, and cooperation that will allow the students to acquire mastery of the basic abilities;
- To offer a diversified and creative program, that will take into account the preferences and interests of the student body;
- To develop intellectual abilities that stimulate the students to reason, experiment, and apply what they have learned;
- To promote critical thinking that will allow them to analyze and evaluate the events in their surroundings;
- To develop in the students a sense of personal competence and leadership, of self-esteem and self-consciousness of their strengths and weaknesses;
- To form citizens who are conscious of their rights and duties, guided by a deep sense of responsibility, respect, and human dignity, which will promote the respect and the rights of others.